- ensuring that relevant information is made available on a timely basis to the Company
- supporting company members in the discharge of their functions and in meeting requirement
- ensuring good information flows between senior management and the other departments as well as facilitating induction, mentoring and assisting with on-going professional development as required
Principal Secretariat Duties
• Scheduling and co-ordination of meetings, including preparation of work programmes, agendas and drafting of minutes.
• Ensuring that relevant information is made available on a timely basis.
• Drafting and review of Board and committee papers.
• Advising the company departments of related matters and providing support to company's members in the conduct of their duties.
• Drafting Annual Report, submission of Report and Financial Statements.
• Development of corporate policies and procedures in line with best practice and applicable legislation.
• Maintenance related sections of corporate websites.
• Provision of support in relation to annual effectiveness reviews and ensuring that Terms of Reference reflect review findings.
• A third-level honours degree or professional qualification.
• A detailed knowledge of corporate governance standards/codes including the Code of Practice for the Governance of State Bodies.
• A good understanding of investment/financial markets.
• A minimum of 5 years relevant experience, working closely with senior management including non-executive directors.
• Experience developing key relationships and the ability to communicate (verbal and oral) at all levels within the corporate environment.
• Previous experience as Board/committee secretary an advantage.
• Excellent verbal and written skills including report writing with the ability to tailor communications to effectively reach targeted audience.
• Strong knowledge of relevant legal and governance requirements.
• Ability to interact effectively with all levels throughout the company.
• Strength of character and a high level of integrity.
• A strong stakeholder focus, especially the ability to engage and influence/negotiate with individuals at all levels, particularly at Senior Management and Board level.
• Ability to work as part of a team and the ability to work collaboratively with others.
• Exercise discretion in handling confidential and sensitive information.
• Accuracy and an eye for detail.
• Ability to work independently and on own initiative.
• Ability to work under pressure and to tight deadlines.APPLY NOW