We are currently seeking an Engineering Operations
Technician (EOT) to serve as a technical
resource within our mission critical Data Center.
requires candidates to be a self-starter, highly motivated individual who can
adhere to strict processes whilst working in a 24*7 critical environment on a
12-hour shift rotation. The EOT will be part of the Data Center Engineering
Operations team responsible for operating and maintaining all electrical,
mechanical, and fire/safety equipment within the Data Center. EOTs are our client’s frontline responders for all
hands-on electrical and mechanical equipment troubleshooting and operation. The
position will help ensure overall availability and reliability to meet or
exceed defined service levels. Due to the success and rapid expansion of our
Infrastructure Operations Team we are recruiting suitable candidates to operate
/ maintain these facilities in the West of London.
- Assist in the operations team with maintenance of
all electrical, mechanical, and HVAC equipment within the Data Center/Facility.
This equipment supports mission-critical servers and must be maintained better than
- Monitoring of all Data Center systems to include
incidents/events, problems, changes, monitoring, problems
escalation/notification/resolution and all other aspects of Data Center
- Monitor all mechanical, electrical and HVAC
systems, including but not limited to; generators, switchgear, UPS systems,
AHUs, chillers, cooling towers, pumps, motors, VFDs and building automation
- Perform site walkthroughs to verify proper
operation of facility equipment and monitoring systems
- An ability to follow strict policies and procedures.
- Demonstrate good judgment and instincts in decision
- Be capable of actively engaging and working
collaboratively with other support teams.
- Ability to take direction from both a directed work
system and/or a team lead.
- Good communication skills.
- Working on a 24*7 shift rotation (ideally).
- A professional certification in an Engineering discipline. (National Craft
- Competent in use of basic IT programs such as MS Word/Excel
knowledge of generic mechanical-room infrastructure such as chillers, Cooler
Units, and fan controls.
- Working knowledge of electrical equipment such as
switchgear, transformers and power distribution panels.