• Provide Specialist and Technical support and programme ownership in designated specialist Programme areas, including the collation and production of results and reports.
• Support effective Implementation of Company EHS policies, programmes and Objectives.
• Support effective Implementation of Company Safety Inspection programme.
• Support the assigned business partner function(s) as required.
• Maintain a system of risk assessment to identify appropriate corrective actions; carry out risk assessments, and ensure that corrective actions are implemented to minimise certain risks.
• Identify, support and deliver Health and Safety training needs and facilitate the implementation of necessary programmes.
• Maintain a system of tracking and measuring leading and lagging safety performance, to facilitate assessment and improvement in site performance in Health and Safety.
• Co-ordinate, support and facilitate appropriate safety and functional meetings.
• Provide advice and support implementation of change control and management procedures.
• Ensure that Company is maintaining compliance with legislative and corporate requirements and that appropriate programmes are implemented to meet new legislative requirements and that Company is adequately prepared for audits.
• Where required assist in the completion and maintenance of weekly, monthly and quarterly audits, Inspections and checklists for safety–related.
• Where necessary, provide back-up and assist in the implementation of the environmental programme to ensure full compliance with corporate and statutory requirements.
• Co-ordinate the sampling and posting (where necessary) of materials for the purposes of process safety or toxicity testing by external testing laboratories
• Participate in any other area of work within the EHS function or the business as required.
• Contribute actively to company PMO, OPex, Productivity and Continuous Improvement and any other designated business processes initiatives.
• Complete any other Environmental Health or Safety related tasks/projects as assigned.
Qualifications & Experience:
• Degree or equivalent in Occupational Safety/Health or Environmental Health.
• Specialising in Biological safety, Manual Handling and Ergonomics.
• Minimum 4 years in related industry in an equivalent role preferably in Biotechnology or Chemical company.
• Environmental/Compliance Training
• Ability to deal with people from all levels in the organisation
• Communication skills – ability to translate complex technical issues into actions
• Excellent interpersonal skills, ability to work effectively in a teamAPPLY NOW