& Utilities Senior Engineer role report to the Engineering Lead and will be
responsible for the management of Facilities and Utilities across the company
(APC & VLE Therapeutics). Key responsibilities will include management,
maintenance and reliability of the sites Facilities, Laboratories and Utilities
while driving energy reductions across the business. This is a key role that
will require excellent stakeholder management and influencing skills and will
interact with all levels of the organisation ensuring competing priorities are
managed objectively and in line with the overall business strategy.
Facilities / Utilities
· Create appropriate governance over
the Facilities across both companies, APC and VLE.
· Manage Facilities & Utilities
engineering activities across the site and ensure these activities comply with
laws and regulations of local authorities, building landlord and regulatory
· The coordination and management of
third-party contractors and a number of direct reports to a required level, and
that all third-party contractors follow EHS and GMP standards.
· Establish and manage service
contractor agreements, coordinate schedules, monitor contractor performance and
budget management for facilities management and project works.
· Management of black utilities plant:
Steam Boilers, AHUs, Chillers, Instrument Air and Clean Utilities Plant: Clean
Steam Generator, Clean Process Gases.
· Management of electrical energy
supply and distribution.
· Familiarity with continuous
improvement and project management approaches.
· Highly collaborative work style which
includes working successfully across all organisational levels.
· Familiar with and prior hands-on
experience with CMMS systems
· Perform troubleshooting and
investigations while ensuring minimal impact to plant operations and in
compliance with good maintenance practices, SOP’s and GMP requirements.
· Ability to work independently and as
part of a team, taking full responsibility and ensuring smooth handover to
operations and within the Engineering function.
· Completion of GMP documentation
accurately and in accordance with applicable procedures.
· Participate in cross-functional
deviation investigations and assist in establishing root causes and corrective
· Provide day to day business support
in an expanding business environment as well as on-call support during batch
operation as required.
Experience & Qualifications
· Bachelor’s Degree in Engineering is
· More than 5 years’ experience in cGMP
Pharmaceutical Operations is essential.
· Knowledgeable in regulatory and GMP
requirements for Facilities, utilities, instrumentation, and calibrations.
· Prior experience on some or all of
o AHUs, Chillers, Steam Boilers, Clean Steam Generators, Clean gases,
water system management.
· Previous line management is
· Strong written and verbal
communication skills, excellent knowledge of Excel and PowerPoint essential.
· Strong problem-solving and
· Prior experience in energy