provides system administration and first line support of Finance’s key systems
leveraging the individual’s financial and technical expertise to maintain a
strong control environment and deliver a high level of service to Finance’s
customers. Operating in a stimulating and diverse sector, the role represents
an excellent opportunity for a finance systems analyst to take up a challenging
position to support change and improvements in the Finance
Technology and Operations (FPO) team’s service delivery.
- Responsible for the management of a team
of 2 direct reports including allocating tasks and ensuring deadlines are
- Develop and promote the development of
people within the team.
- Lead the introduction of upgrades and
enhancements to Finance Systems, and co-ordinate with stakeholders in
Finance, ICT (Information and Communication Technology) and the project
management office to ensure successful delivery.
- Oversee and provide support to the
Finance system users to resolve finance system issues and develop
innovative solutions by leveraging existing technology to automate/improve
- Enhance the finance teams’ reporting
capability through system report writing.
- Troubleshooting finance system issues and
escalate internally or to 3rd party Vendors as required.
- Liaise with the ICT team in relation to
scheduled system updates testing that impact finance systems, and ensure successful
completion on a timely basis.
- Oversee and provide user training and
maintain user manuals on finance systems.
- Provide regular KPI reporting to
- Contribute to and support a range of
projects within the team.
- Strong attention to detail.
- Excellent interpersonal skills with an
ability to easily form good working relationships with team members and
senior stakeholders alike.
- Project and change management experience
- Good verbal and written communication
- Ability to adapt quickly to the role and
demonstrate the ability to work as part of a team.
- A self-starter willing to take the
initiative to get results.
- Excellent analytical and problem solving
skills, coupled with the ability to generate innovative/technical
solutions as required.
- Deep knowledge of financial systems (e.g.
general ledger, P2P, staff expenses and portfolio management
systems). Knowledge and experience of the SUN system would be a
- Understanding of the role of financial
systems in maintaining a strong control environment
- Strong Microsoft Excel knowledge plus
experience in other Microsoft packages.