The primary responsibility of the Financial Reporting Accountant will be to assist in the preparation and completion of monthly, quarterly and annual financial reporting for corporate entities. The Financial Reporting Accountant will work within the Financial Reporting Team and report to the Senior Manager, Financial Reporting.
More specifically, the role will involve:
- End to end ownership of the cash process, including provision of weekly cash reporting.
- Assisting in the preparation of monthly, quarterly and annual financial statements in accordance with International Financial Reporting Standards (IFRS).
- Presentation of financial information for review by Senior Management & Executive.
- Understanding and accounting for material commercial transactions.
- Assisting in production of Section 55 accounts on a quarterly basis for provision to the Minister for Finance.
- Review and challenge of information provided by Business Units.
- Provision of assistance in the on-going development and refinement of processes and the implementation of financial reporting policies and procedures.
- Preparation of monthly, quarterly and annual journals for posting to the general ledger
- Preparation of weekly, monthly, quarterly and annual reconciliations to support financial information in the general ledger and other information sources required to support decision making.
- Assisting in ensuring on-going compliance with financial reporting and company law and all legislation
- Provision of input to various corporate level projects as required e.g. group structuring.
Audit and Process Activities
- Assisting in the co-ordination of internal and external audits and meeting audit requirements.
- On-going review and updating of processes and procedures.
- Development of new procedures and/or processes in line with evolution in business activity.
- Assisting in the production and review of annual financial statements.
Experience & Knowledge
- A professional accountancy qualification (ACA, ACCA, or similar). Candidates should be at least 1-2 years post qualified.
- Excellent analytical, communication and interpersonal skills.
- The ability to adapt to the position quickly and demonstrate the ability to work as part of a team.
- Strong IT competency (MS Office including Excel, knowledge of Sage and Oracle a distinct advantage).
- Have a proven track record in delivering results and objectives
- A background in financial reporting would be a distinct advantage.
- A comprehensive understanding of monthly management accounts preparation and IFRS.
- Experience of working to tight deadlines.
- Ability to work on own initiative, show operational flexibility, manage workload and meet deadlines while maintaining high quality output.
- Financial reporting skills.
- Strong time management skills with a proven track record of achieving deadlines.
- High standard of accuracy and attention to detail.
- Communications skills (written and verbal).
- High level Excel skills.
- Familiarity with accounting software packages (Sage, Oracle)
- Excellent problem-solving skills.
- Financial analytical skills.
- Strong accountability and ownership characteristics.
- Ability to adapt quickly and work flexibly