Principle Duties and Responsibilities
Key Areas of Activity
Employee Relations (ER)
• Provide expert HR and ER support and guidance on matters relating to HR
processes to all staff members to ensure compliance with best practices and
• Take the lead in matters associated with internal employee relations, including
supporting the management team in ensuring that ER issues are dealt with
effectively. Advise and support managers on ER matters, while promoting a
culture of early intervention and adherence to best practice.
• Where third party dispute resolution mechanisms are required, prepare
documentation for any required proceedings, including the WRC and Labour
• Ensure that all formal processes are carried out in an independent and unbiased
manner and with the utmost integrity, fairness, impartiality and respect.
• Ensure that effective policies, procedures and action plans are in place to support
equality and diversity in the workplace.
• Engage and attend meetings with trade unions and staff representatives as
• Support the effective end-to-end delivery of key HR administration and
• Provide expert, impartial advice and guidance to the CEO, Head of Operations
and senior management team on all aspects of resourcing.
• Support interview panels to ensure compliance and best practice for all elements
of the processes.
• Support the management team to ensure effective management of all elements
of the employee life cycle, including resourcing, induction, probation,
development, succession planning, retirement planning and absence
• Represent HR on various internal and external committees and groups as
• Contribute to the development and roll out of employee experience initiatives
focused on communications, engagement, health and wellbeing, employee
• Provide appropriate and agreed HR data analytics to the CEO, Head of Operations
and Senior Management Team to ensure the development of data dashboards
to assist with decision-making and analysis.
• Support the Head of Operations in reporting to key groups including the senior
management team, relevant committees and the Board of NMBI.
• Identify opportunities to improve existing HR policies and keep up to date with
HR and policy best practice and associated procedures.
• Develop best-practice policies, training, and communications for the effective
policy roll-out to managers and the wider organisation.
• Assist in the development of an organisational culture that values people, their
skills, ideas and contributions and genuinely seeks to empower the individuals.