We are looking for Computer Repair Technicians to join our key team. You will be working within a large team in Dublin based Data Centres.
For non-EU applicants, you must have a valid work permit to work full-time in Ireland (Stamp 3,4,1G)
The Computer Repair Technicians will receive racks at the loading bay and follow through installation steps until ultimately handing off the servers. They will use a cabling workflow tool to assign cables to positions and then physically run and patch these cables. Tasks included in this installation process are as follows and the candidate will be exposed to some if not all of the below:
· Receiving work instructions for cabling for new incoming racks
· Working on ladders and cabling for new incoming racks(copper and fiber)
· Receiving racks at DC loading bays
· Scanning of rack assets
· Connecting racks via fiber optic and copper cabling (Not power)
· Overseeing the building of Top Of Rack switches
· Ensuring all hosts power on and check-in
· Ensuring all hosts hand-off
· Performing basic troubleshooting of hosts
The Computer Repair Technician will be dealing with repetitive, physical tasks that involve scanning of rack assets, following the workflow on their laptop, handling racks of physical server computers, cabling switches, working on ladders, basic hardware troubleshooting, administration of installations and clean up
· 1-2 years of technical experience with hands-on computer hardware experience.
· Immediate knowledge of computer hardware systems.
· Excellent communication skills, both verbal and written.
· Strong Teamwork skills.
· Attention to details and meet tight deadlines.
· Ability to take direction from both a directed work system and/or a team lead.