We are looking to recruit a dynamic and motivated individual to join our client’s Manufacturing Engineering team. The team is responsible for providing & coordinating manufacturing support, quality improvements, process improvements and cost reductions.
You will work closely with many other functional areas to facilitate the tactical day-to-day functions of the operation in the execution of critical metrics. You will have the ability to work individually in a highly pressurised, multi-functional team. This role will be predominantly based in Cork with some travel to regional Distribution Centres.
Provide manufacturing engineering support to production operations
Provide support and leadership in achieving World Class Manufacturing, Safety, Quality, Customer Service, and Cost standards through continuous process improvement activities.
Design, commissioning and qualification of semi-automated and automated fixturing
Support New Product Introductions across several product lines
Drive cycle time improvement, line balancing, line design, yield improvement and scrap reduction
- 3+ years relevant experience in a manufacturing engineering / technical role in a high volume, high technology global manufacturing operation
- Relevant Engineering experience specifically relating to Lean Manufacturing, production support and quality
- Should be flexible and capable of working on own initiative with a professional attitude and good communication skills
- Consistently identifies and drives continuous improvement throughout the business.
- Computer-literate with experience of appropriate simulation and CAD packages.
- Strong sense of urgency and customer orientation Experience in engineering, manufacturing operations automation
- Exposure to lean principles
- Excellent communication and documentation skills
- Good analytical, data analysis and problem solving skills
Education & Experience
B.Eng (Hons) / M.Eng in Mechanical/Industrial/Mechatronics/Biomedical Engineering or equivalent.
Third level qualification in Quality management is desirable.
Six sigma quality training would be an advantage.