- The post holder will support the principle that
care of the patient comes first at all times and will approach their work with
the flexibility and enthusiasm necessary to make this principle a reality for
every patient to the greatest possible degree
- Maintain throughout the Group’s awareness of the
primacy of the patient in relation to all hospital activities.
- Performance management systems are part of the role
and you will be required to participate in the Group’s performance management
- Have a working knowledge of the Health Information
and Quality Authority (HIQA) standards as they apply to the role for example,
Standards for Healthcare, national Standards for the prevention and control of
healthcare Associated infections, Hygiene Standards etc and comply with
associated HSE protocols for implementing and maintaining these standards as
appropriate to the role.
- Carry out his or her duties under the direction of the Chief Medical
- Participate in the delivery of a service that supports the clinical
needs of our patients and is
consistent with the mission, vision, values and
strategic plan of the Hospital.
- Perform routine work to
the highest professional standards.
- Participate in the implementation of a ‘Quality Management’ programme,
which is patient centred and which
measures and audits performance and client satisfaction.
- Promote open communications throughout the hospital.
- Observe the strictest confidence when dealing with all aspects of patient or hospital information.
- Be responsible for the quality of their work
and carry out their duties in
accordance with Laboratory and
- Relevant qualification
- Letter of Recognition of international
qualification (where applicable)
- CORU registration
- The appointment will be made on the Medical
Scientist salary scale (up to €57,426) at a point in line with the Government