· Working within a manufacturing team, co-ordinate the planning,
organising and delivery of the manufacturing projects.
· Prepare and review technical presentations and report material, and
present the issues, results and project progress to clients as required.
· Based on project needs, develop and introduce new techniques, methods
and processes to improve business effectiveness.
· Demonstrate the use of problem-solving skills requiring the application
of engineering principles, calculations and computational methods in
approaching technical challenges.
· Adopt, maintain and improve on VLE’s engineering workflows and their
incorporation into the day-to-day execution of commercial projects and where appropriate internal innovation
· Generate ideas and suggestions on how to improve technical capabilities.
· Coach mentor and train junior team members.
· Represent the organisation at meetings, conference or other events.
· Provide support across the organisation through collaboration with
scientists and engineers, both internally and externally.
· Ensure that operation to GMP standard within the facility is always
· Monitor, develop and optimise manufacturing processes.
· Develop pharmaceutical scale-up and optimisation strategies through
application of engineering workflows and modelling tools which support the
successful tech transfer of the product to and from our partners.
· Where applicable, support the execution of commercial and innovation
R&D projects using engineering modelling tools such as CFD, Matlab, Python,
MVDA, Dynochem etc.
· Solve complex technical problems and take responsibility for
implementing the solutions.
clear technical reports are written with sound conclusions. Author, review
and approve reports a required. Ensure appropriate documentation write-up
review/closeout is completed.
that safe working practices are adhered to in line with relevant local and
with the Engineering Manager as required to maintain a shared awareness of
the issues requiring attention within the manufacturing facility.
to work in a dynamic and multidisciplinary environment.
· Self-motivated with demonstrated project management skills
· Excellent technical communications skills, with previous technical
· Ability to disseminate information to research team and directors
· Demonstrated use of PAT
· Experience with scale-up techniques and /or tech transfer for processes
from laboratory to plant scale