Adaptive HVM are recruiting for the position of Safety Engineering Technician for one of our clients based in Cork.
The Product Safety Group seeks a candidate who will:
• Follow established SOPs to perform failure investigations, battery safety testing, as needed. Other technologies or products to be evaluated based on mission needs and capabilities.
• Possess ability, skills, and expertise to execute tests per UL and IEC standards (e.g. UL2054, UL1642, IEC62133, IEC61960, IEC60950, IEC62368) or similar.
• Under the supervision of Safety engineers, support the development, execution, and documentation of test procedures, test plans, and corresponding reports.
• Implement test process control and data collection methods, document for data integrity and traceability.
• Interact with internal test/lab groups to ensure that testing across different technology spaces are aligned and meet standards; ensure on-time completion and assessments.
• Follow shipping, receiving, handling, and storage requirements to efficiently receive, transfer, store, and track shipments and test units.
• Manage and maintain daily operations of test equipment and tools, keeping track of lab tools and supplies.
• Ensure appropriate calibration and upkeep of equipment and related spaces.
• Take the responsibility of equipment routine calibration, preventive maintenance, lab 5S, and internal EHS audits.
• Collaborate with other team members in areas of work allocation, assignment.
• Project/Test experience as in one of the following technologies is preferred: battery
cells and or packs, PCB (e.g. SoC, Memory), and or power adapters/supplies.
• Associated test or evaluation is highly desirable
• Proficiency with hand tools, electronic measurement equipment, scopes, and other sensors/scanning suites — e.g. cell/battery cycler, battery safety test equipments, digital multimeter, high-speed video, microscopes, thermocouples— are desirable.
• Demonstrated experience and familiarity with Apple products and Apple operating systems (macOS and iOS in particular) are highly desirable.
• Ability to work independently, yet also be a strong team-player who can shift in different work environments or projects.
• Good problem solving skills and high degree of resourcefulness
• Knowledge of data collecting. Capability of data analysis and statistics is highly desirable.
• Strong command of iWork or MS Office productivity tools.
• Database management and basic statistical analysis a big plus.
• Good written and verbal communication skills with native fluency in English
• Willing to work occasional overtime and/or irregular shifts depending on mission-critical
• Bachelor's degree in Electrical or Mechanical Engineering (or equivalent) highly preferred.
• Relevant job experience and/or certifications in lieu of formal education may be considered on case-by-case basis.
*Must be legally authorized to work in country of employment without sponsorship for employment visa status*APPLY NOW