The Senior Credit Manager/ Credit Manager will be responsible for the analysis and proactive management of credit within the development funding loan portfolio. The successful candidate will be expected to have a track record of carrying out detailed assessment of development funding loan applications with a strong emphasis on delivering high service standards, building strong relationships with internal and external stakeholders and the implementation of internal policies and procedures.
Responsibilities will include, but may not be limited to, the following:
Credit Risk Management:
- Support the lending team to assess, evaluate and structure credit applications in line with credit policy.
- Carry out detailed assessment of credit proposals to ensure the highest standard of credit analysis and make recommendations to the appropriate sanctioning authority.
- Ensure required cooperation with internal and external auditors.
Policy and Procedures:
- Contribute to the ongoing development of appropriate policies, processes and procedures necessary for achieve its stated objectives and business targets.
- On a continual basis, contribute to the improvement of operational efficiencies and practices to maintain high standards in the delivery of the funded schemes.
Relationships with other business divisions:
- Work closely with the Lending Team and other areas in order to facilitate effective communication and working practices.
Knowledge & Experience
- Minimum 4/6 years’ experience of credit risk management in a financial institution with a track record in assessing credit proposals for residential funding proposals.
- Proven ability to critically analyse and evaluate credit risk in a residential funding environment.
- Strong knowledge of lending agreements, covenants and security requirements.
- Good understanding of relevant financing models and data with an ability to review, understand and interpret audited financial accounts and financial forecasts.
- Demonstrated sound commercial judgement and market awareness.
- Have extensive knowledge of the residential property development market in Ireland.
- Commercially focused with strong analytical and decision-making skills.
- Ability to demonstrate independence of mind and make well-judged decisions.
- Well-developed leadership and networking skills.
- Strong relationship management skills and proven ability to work with team members and other stakeholders.
- Ability to identify key risk issues in negotiation of borrowing facilities and to deliver alternative solutions if required
- Strong organisational skills and the ability to prioritise and manage own workload.
- Proven commitment to highest service standards.
- Excellent communication skills, both verbal and in writing.
- Exemplary governance and ethics.
- Proficiency in Microsoft Word, Excel and Outlook.
- A third level qualification preferably in credit, banking or other relevant discipline, and/or equivalent professional qualification.