We are recruiting a Senior Project Manager to support the
procurement, delivery, and operation of large-scale Government building
projects, within various sectors including housing, education and justice.
This is a senior professional role with leadership and management
responsibilities. The successful candidate will be expected to demonstrate
excellent project management, technical and contractual experience in the field
of infrastructure procurement and delivery. The ability to engage with
stakeholders and counterparties and to lead and develop our team are also key
aspects of the role.
Some of the key tasks the successful candidate will be required to
- Leading and developing a project management team delivering
services to client Government Departments and agencies.
- Creating and maintaining stakeholder relationships with various
parties including internal and external stakeholders and maintaining good
project corporate governance structures including chairing project team
meetings and representing the client at key project meetings.
- Developing strong relationships with counterparties and ensuring
that the integrity and reputation of the company is held in high regard in all
- Project management through the design, planning, procurement and
construction phases of large-scale public capital projects.
- Implementation of robust climate action/sustainability strategies
and oversight of scheme design and planning processes to ensure the high
sustainable development standards.
- Preparing reports, recommendations, board papers and
- Monitoring and reporting of project risks and control measures including
in relation to costs and change control, programme, health and safety and
- Procurement and management of external advisors.
- Third level degree (or equivalent) or higher in construction,
engineering, quantity surveying, project management, architecture or building
services related discipline.
- Chartered membership of a relevant professional body is desirable.
- Project management qualification is desirable.
- Knowledge of key issues and management strategies associated with
climate change/sustainability, environmental, social and governance factors on
large scale building projects.
Relevant experience includes (but is not limited to):
- 10 years relevant project management experience relating to the
delivery of major building or infrastructure projects.
- Management of project budgets; design, capex, opex including
change control, value engineering and risk management processes.
- Recent experience working with major forms of public sector
contracts (e.g., Government Construction Contracts Committee forms of contract) and/or of working in
privately financed (Public Private Partnership (PPP) or Project Finance
- Commercial negotiations and/or dispute resolution.
- Excellent team leadership and project management skills.
- Excellent collaboration and stakeholder management skills.
- Highly innovative with strong analytical and decision-making
- Excellent communications (written, oral and presentation) skills.
- Full clean driving license.