To work as a Senior Psychologist in line with team service plans
and objectives and within established professional standards, guidelines and
To support assessment and interventions in line with principles of the client.
To provide diagnostic assessments in line with clinical
presentation and requirements of the Disability Act 2005.
The client provides therapeutic
services to children and young people (0 -18) with a range of complex needs
arising from a disability and whom are living within the Network. There will be
a strong emphasis on interdisciplinary team working and family centred practice
as per the principles of Progressing Disabilities for Children and Young
Specific details of the post will be provided at point of job
· Be responsible for the delivery of professional
psychology services appropriate to the post in line with best practice.
· Work within limits of professional competence in line
with principles of best practice, professional conduct and clinical governance.
· Work in accordance with the principles and values of recovery as
described in the National Framework for Recovery for Irish Mental Health Services
· Carry a clinical caseload appropriate to the post.
psychological assessments for the client group based upon the appropriate use,
interpretation and integration of data from a variety of sources including
psychological tests, self-report measures, direct and indirect observation and
interviews with clients, family members and / or carers.
and implement plans for psychological therapeutic intervention or management
based on an appropriate conceptual framework, working in home and clinical
settings as appropriate.
autonomous professional responsibility for the assessment, treatment and discharge of clients whose problems are
managed using psychologically based care plans.
· Represent and advocate for the psychological needs of
· Communicate effectively and work in co-operation with
team members and others to ensure integrated service provision.
· Develop and maintain close liaison with key
a psychological perspective to case planning and multi-agency case working and
review and call multi-professional meetings when appropriate.
· Ensure co-ordinated interdisciplinary and inter-agency service
· Be aware of and refer the service user
to other services as necessary.
· Undertake Key Worker role as required.
· Act as a
representative of the psychology service / profession as required.
· Initiate and
participate in needs assessment and health promotion as appropriate.
· Provide clinical supervision to
other Psychology staff members.
· Provide professional reports as
required in accordance with professional standards.
in meetings, committees and/or conferences as required.
· Work in and promote an ethical and professional manner
at all times.
· Promote a culture that values equality, diversity and respect in
· Deputize for the Principal
Psychologist as appropriate / required.
· Undertake project management including audit and service
evaluation with colleagues within the service to help develop service
· Participate in evaluation of clinical / professional activity and
provide such information as required by the client for the purpose of service monitoring, evaluation and improvement.
· Utilize evidence-based literature and research to support
· Conduct and promote service related research,
providing research advice as appropriate.
· Publish research outcomes in professionally recognized journals
and share information on outcomes at professional conferences where
· Represent a professional viewpoint in relation to nationally
accepted good practice, promoting a
high level of ethical standards and professional conduct.
· Lead and contribute to developments and innovative practice in
Education & Training
in regular clinical professional supervision and provide professional and
clinical supervision of trainee psychologists.
supervision to the work of non-psychologists in delivery of psychological
interventions as appropriate.
supervision as appropriate on running community-based intervention groups for
post-graduate teaching and training and deliver teaching and training to
professional postgraduates including Doctoral Psychology trainees.
psychological training, advice and consultation to staff from health and other
agencies in areas relevant to direct clinical work and to psychology service
advice, consultation and training to staff working with the client group across
a range of agencies and settings where appropriate.
· Attend mandatory training programmes.
· Be informed of advances in professional knowledge and practice and
developments in national policies, strategies and legislation and perceived
impact on practice.
· Take responsibility for continuous
professional development and ensure compliance with statutory registration
· In collaboration with the client and Principal Psychologist, attend training courses
as informed by service requirements and career & personal development
· Be responsible for the induction of new staff as